OptiSurface can work with Topcon Agricultural Landforming Systems via AgForm3D.
Exporting A Topcon Survey For Design In OptiSurface Designer
- Open the .ag3 with Topcon AgForm3D software
- Export the survey data as xyz text file. See this article for more info: Exporting Survey from TopCon AgForm3D for OptiSurface Import
- The .txt file can now be imported into OptiSurface Designer directly.
- Design the field in OptiSurface Designer
- Send the .osd file to email@example.com and ask to export the xyz text file to Topcon import. We prefer to export the xyz text file for you as we do not have a one click button for this yet (as of OSDv2.5) and the steps are a bit complex. Then format for each line in the text file should be Point number, Easting, Northing, Proposed Elevation, Identifier
- Once you received the text file, back import it into AgForm3D. See the AgForm3D help file section: 'Import Field Data From a Text File'. This will import the OptiSurface proposed surface into AgForm3D as a 'existing' or field surface.
- Trick AgForm3D to produce a design surface the same as the field surface by calculating a PWCS Design without any parameters so that the Design is the same as the existing.
- Use the Agform3D file in the Topcon machine control system. Unfortunately the Cut/Fill map will show 0 cut/fill because the existing field surface (as far as AgFrom3D knows) is the same as the design surface but at least you can have the machine control.