Overview: The profile or cross section of the terrain straight across the surface or add a Profile Section Polyline and displays the Existing and Proposed Topographies against each other. The section line can be moved or rotated to any part of the map.
Menu: Tools > Profile
- Section Line - shows the line cutting through the length of the Map, if editing a breakline, the section line shows the breakline instead.
- Shift +/- - click, hold and drag the Shift arrow to adjust the section line or use the buttons on found in the lower right to adjust.
- Rotate - click, hold and drag the Rotate arrow to rotate the section line or use the button found in the lower right to rotate.
- Red Dot - highlights the area in the Map window where the mouse pointer is located on the Profile view.
- Profile View - displays the Section Line (from Proposed Topography), in blue, against the Existing Topography, in red.
- Reference Line - dashed line represents the Reference Line, which can be added in the Profile manually by hitting right click on the Profile View > Add > Reference Line.
- Fitted Curve - orange line represents the Fitted Curve, which can be added in the Profile manually by hitting right click on the Profile View > Add > Fitted Curve.
- Offset Line - light blue line represents the Offset Line, which can be added in the Profile manually by hitting right click on the Profile View > Add > Offset Line.
- Mouse Pointer - when the mouse pointer is placed in the Profile View, text boxes appear showing several figures.
a. Red Text Box - displays the elevation and the slope of the Existing Topography in that section.
b. Blue Text Box - displays the elevation, slope and depth of cut (C) or fill (F) of the Proposed Topography in that section.
c. Black Text Box - displays the elevation and depth of cut (C) or fill (F) where the mouse pointer lies.
Mouse Wheel - zooms in and out the Map Window.
Mouse Wheel button - holding the mouse wheel button and dragging a window to the right zooms in that window. Holding the mouse wheel button and dragging a window to the left zooms out.
Mouse Left Click - holding left mouse button and dragging pans the Profile View.
Mouse Right Click - shows more options and actions:
- Add Reference Line, Fitted Curve or Offset Line
- Export - exports the Profile as image and may include data set.
- Autoscale Left Axis - turn this ON to let the left axis auto-scale, otherwise turn it OFF.
- Autoscale Bottom Axis - turn this ON to let the bottom axis auto-scale, otherwise turn it OFF.
- Profile Options... - adjust the sampling space or profile direction.